Jerry Marquardt is in immediate need of a washer. Call 766-3663.
Love Your Community?
Submit and View KHNS Postings
Please use the following links to submit or view on-air messages :
Submissions must be approved and may be edited for content before appearing on the website or read on-air. If you would like a confirmation, please email the station at firstname.lastname@example.org. LPs are processed as soon as possible, please allow 3-5 days for process of PSA's . If submitting after 5pm or over the weekend announcements will not be approved until the following weekday.
From Our Listeners
KHNS Job Opportunities
KHNS Radio News Internship 2013
- The News Intern will serve as a full-time reporter, producer and host under the supervision news director
- Duties include researching, writing and producing news pieces for local, regional and statewide broadcast
- Assist in the redesign of our news webpage and update to our social media outreach
- Assist in producing and possibly hosting our weekly hour-long public affairs call-in show
- Applicant should be striving toward a career in radio or multimedia journalism
- Have experience – through work, internship, volunteer or classwork - in news-writing and radio announcing, interviewing and basic news or information gathering
- Have basic knowledge or classwork in using sound editing software preferred
About our location and coverage area: Haines and Skagway are small communities in Southeast Alaska, separated by 13 miles of water. Klukwan is a small Alaska Native village near Haines. Our KHNS news department works out of our Haines studio with frequent travel to Skagway.
Compensation: Our internship program will host one intern for a period of 10-12 weeks during the summer (based on intern’s school schedule.) We offer a small stipend, housing and air fare to the Lower 48 at completion of internship.
Application procedure: Please send letter of interest, resume and one writing and one audio sample. (Classwork projects or assignments acceptable.) Submit to email@example.com with “Internship application” in the subject line. Feel free to email the same address with any questions.
KHNS News and Public Affairs Director